Submit a Downtown Raleigh Event
The online Downtown Raleigh Events Calendar is used to promote events and activities taking place in downtown Raleigh. Downtown event producers, museums, merchants and arts or entertainment venues may submit an event and receive promotion via the DRA website, social media and newsletter promotions. This calendar listing and promotions opportunity is a free service provided by The Downtown Raleigh Alliance.
NOTE: For consideration, events MUST meet the criteria listed below.
Event Guidelines for Submission
Any event listed must:
- occur within the downtown Municipal Services District (MSD) boundaries
- must be open to the general public
Additionally, events must be characterized by any ONE of the below guidelines:
- free to attend
- takes place on outdoor city property such as streets, parks, plazas, convention center
- produced by
- Performing arts center
- Live music venue
- Non-profit organization or business
- For-profit organization or business, that is a member of the Alliance
NOTE: The Downtown Raleigh Alliance maintains full editorial control over all submitted events, including the right to exclude events as necessary. Religious services and merchant specials are not categorized as special events.
Please submit event listings that meet the specified guidelines. You will be asked to register and when verified you will receive an email confirming your registration. Once you are registered, you will be able to submit your event. Your submission will then be reviewed. If your event meets the specified guidelines and there are no questions, it will be automatically added to the events calendar. Once registered, you will be able to go back as often as necessary to submit events.
Take advantage of this FREE service to promote your event. Events submitted to the website calendar will be considered for:
- Downtown Raleigh Consumer Newsletter - exposure to over 14,000 subscribers.
- For consideration, events must be submitted on by the 21st of each month the month prior to which they are held.
- Website Visits - averages 1 million page views per month
- Social Media Promotions - over 14,700 on Twitter and over 3500 on Facebook
If you have any questions regarding the newsletter, please e-mail Ashley Melville at email@example.com