DRA Annual Meeting + Downtown Achievement Awards Ceremony, presented by PNC
PAST DATES AND TIMES
- Thursday, February 15, 2018 5:30 pm - 8 pm
LOCATION: Raleigh Convention Center - 500 S Salisbury St
The Downtown Raleigh Alliance (DRA) cordially invites you to its Annual Meeting + Downtown Achievement Awards Ceremony, presented by PNC, to celebrate individuals, businesses, and organizations whose contributions are making a significant impact on the downtown renaissance. This premier networking event is for stakeholders and community advocates interested in supporting a vibrant and more connected downtown. Connectivity is particularly important as plans take shape to adjoin Dorothea Dix Park, the city's most expansive green space, to downtown Raleigh. Throughout the evening, DRA will explore opportunities to create connected spaces and share valuable insight on the opportunities that await.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Michael Van Valkenburgh is a world-renowned landscape architect selected to lead on the Dorothea Dix Master Plan. As head of one of the country’s leading landscape architecture firms, Valkenburgh provides senior leadership on a wide range of projects, including the ongoing completion of Brooklyn Bridge Park, the bold realignment and urban transformation of Toronto’s Don River, and the intimate Monk’s Garden at the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in Boston. Valkenburgh is a registered landscape architect in more than 25 states and in Canada, and is a Fellow of the American Academy in Rome as well as the American Society of Landscape Architects. Valkenburgh received the ASLA Design Medal in 2011 and is the Charles Eliot Professor in Practice of Landscape Architecture at Harvard’s Graduate School of Design.
5 pm - 5:30 pm | Early sponsor check-in
5:30 pm - 6:30 pm | Cocktails and networking
6:30 pm - 8 pm | Dinner and program
8 pm - 9 pm | After-party (extended networking) at the Residence Inn Raleigh Downtown
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do I need a ticket? There are no printed tickets for this event. Pre-registered guests can find their nametags at the registration tables located on the main floor lobby of the Convention Center (Salisbury Street entrance).
- What should I wear? The majority of attendees arrive directly from work, therefore, most guests are in business or business casual attire. A coat check is available for your convenience.
- What are the seating arrangements? If you purchased a general admission seat you will be able to choose your seat in the open seating section. Bronze sponsors and their guests will have access to open seating in a designated reserved section. All other sponsors will receive assigned seats.
- What’s for dinner? A three-course meal will be served. If you made a dietary request at the time of pre-registration, please provide your server with the request card that will be located in the back of your nametag.
- Will there be complimentary drinks? Yes, you will find a drink ticket in the back of your nametag. Drink tickets will be redeemable for beer, wine, and cocktails. We are also providing two complimentary bottles of wine on your table to enjoy with your dinner.
- Is there a cash bar? Yes, you will find full bars in the ballroom lobby until 6:15 pm and bars will be inside the ballroom during the dinner and program. Accepted forms of payment include drink tickets, cash, and credit.
- Where is the after party? The after party is being hosted at the Residence Inn Raleigh Downtown located at 616 S. Salisbury Street (space is limited).
Preregistration is CLOSED. You can register at the event for $125. Space is limited.
Agenda and additional info to follow. All sales are final. No tickets will be provided. Registered attendees will have a nametag available at the registration desk. If you need to make adjustments to attendee names, please contact us at email@example.com.
EXCELLENCE AWARDS SPONSOR
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
NC Museum of Natural Sciences
Paragon Bank, a division of TowneBank
The Peace and Dillon
Residence Inn Raleigh Downtown
The Spectrum Companies
Womble Bond Dickinson (US) LLP
YMCA of the Triangle
Alfred Williams & Company
AT&T North Carolina
Balfour Beatty Construction
Blue Ridge Realty
CALYX Engineers + Consultants
Campbell Law School
Campbell University MBA - Downtown Raleigh
CBRE | Raleigh
Clancy & Theys Construction Company
Coastal Federal Credit Union
Duke Raleigh Hospital
French | West | Vaughan
Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce
Highwoods Properties, Inc.
Marbles Kids Museum & IMAX Theatre
Morningstar Law Group
NAI Carolantic Realty
NC Museum of History
NC Retail Merchants Association
North State Bank
Pepsi Bottling Ventures
Raleigh Marriott City Center
Table of Contents
Tobacco Road Harley-Davidson