Market on Market
UPCOMING DATES AND TIMES
- Wednesday, August 22, 2018 11am-2pm
- Wednesday, August 29, 2018 11am-2pm
- Wednesday, September 5, 2018 11am-2pm
- Wednesday, September 12, 2018 11am-2pm
- Wednesday, September 19, 2018 11am-2pm
- Wednesday, September 26, 2018 11am-2pm
LOCATION: Exchange and Market Plaza - 219 Fayetteville St.
Market on Market, a program produced by the Downtown Raleigh Alliance, brings the highest quality local growers and food artisans together for a Raleigh audience. Our vendors include North Carolina farmers, ranchers, fisherman, nurserymen, bakers, cheese makers, and specialty foods producers.
Located in Market and Exchange Plazas in downtown Raleigh, the market promises to be the premier venue for locally grown produce and artisan foods in Raleigh. The market will be open from 11am - 2pm from May 9, 2018 to September 26, 2018. NOTE: The market will be closed on July 4, 2018.
About the Market
Market on Market strives to be a guiding force in shaping the environmental, social, and financial health of downtown by bringing the highest quality local growers and food artisans together to the Raleigh community. The farmers market contributes to the sustainability and success of downtown by serving as a community gathering place, a vehicle for a regional economy, and a center for fresh, local food.
The market aims to:
- Attract people to downtown Raleigh
- Be a small business incubator
- Keep local dollars local – creating and sustaining local regional jobs
- Educate the public about the nutritional and environmental benefits of eating locally grown food
- Be a hub for community gathering
- Increase access to healthy, fresh produce and locally-produced foods
- Support sustainable farms to preserve the North Carolina landscape
- Reduce our carbon footprint